Codeine is one of the most commonly prescribed opiates and is used to treat pain, to suppress coughs and to treat diarrhea. Individuals can become dependent on codeine after prolonged use. The effects of Codeine include drowsiness and euphoria. After constant use of Codeine, the body can build a tolerance to the drug which makes stopping the use difficult. Also, due to the increase in tolerance, users of Codeine often find that they need to take the drug in larger amounts in order to experience the same effects. Prolonged use of Codeine may cause constipation, nausea, seizures and other health problems.
Signs of Codeine Addiction:
- An obsession to continue to use codeine even while experiencing adverse effects of the drug.
- An inability to limit the use of codeine.
- An increase in tolerance for codeine.
- Continued use of Codeine despite having persistent social or interpersonal problems that result from the drug.
- Withdrawal symptoms when trying to stop the use of codeine.
If you or someone you know is struggling with codeine addiction, New Dimensions can help.
New Dimensions Can Help!
New Dimensions can help you reclaim your life. Our 12-step based programs are designed to help you develop the skills you need to create lasting sobriety. We can help you work through the baggage that addictions create so that you can live a meaningful authentic life. To learn more about our programs, contact us at 1-800-685-9796.
New Dimensions serves Houston, Clear Lake, Katy, The Woodlands, League City, Friendswood, Galveston, Pearland, Pasadena, Baytown, Spring, Conroe, Kingwood, Sugarland, Cypress, Tomball, Richmond, Humble, Huntsville, Bellaire, Seabrook, Alvin, Missouri City, Lake Jackson, and surrounding areas.