Bipolar Disorder is characterized by a number of symptoms. Some of those symptoms include:
- Abnormally and persistent elevated, expansive, or irritable mood
- Abnormally high energy and drive toward goals
- Decreased need for sleep
- Excessively talkative
- Racing thoughts
- Excessive involvement in high risk activities or activities that have potential for negative consequences (i.e. shopping sprees, sexual activity, or risky business decisions).
- Depressed Mood
- Diminished Interest in and/or Participation in Activities
- Significant Change in Weight
- Sleep Problems
- Loss of Energy
- Frequent Crying
- Increased Physical Pain
- Difficulty Making Decisions and Concentrating
- Physical Retardation
- Irritability and Agitation
- Low Self-Esteem
- Hopelessness and Helplessness
- Suicidal Thoughts
New Dimensions Can Help!
If you or someone you know is experiencing any of the above symptoms or problems, New Dimensions can help.
Our team of experienced therapists and psychiatrists can help you overcome these challenges and help you develop the skills you need to thrive. To schedule a complementary assessment or to find out more about our programs, contact us at 1-800-685-9796.
Bipolar Treatment: We serve Houston, Katy, The Woodlands, Clear Lake, League City, Friendswood, Galveston, Pearland, Pasadena, Baytown, Spring, Conroe, Kingwood, Sugarland, Cypress, Tomball, Richmond, Humble, Huntsville, Bellaire, Seabrook, Alvin, Missouri City, Lake Jackson, and surrounding areas.