Am I Depressed?
Take the brief Depression Test below to help determine if you have symptoms of depression:
- Do you have thoughts of suicide?
- Do you ever wish that you wouldn’t wake up?
- Do you have a down mood that doesn’t seem to go away?
- Have you lost interest in activities that you used to enjoy?
- Have you lost interest in sex?
- Do you feel like crying and don’t know why?
- Do you ever start crying and feel like you can’t stop?
- Do you struggle with a low self-esteem?
- Do you feel hopeless at times and wonder “what’s the point in living”?
- Do you feel guilty about things that you shouldn’t feel guilty about?
- Do you feel like things will never get better and that there is no help for you?
- Do you feel irritable frequently?
- Have you lost weight recently because you have no appetite?
- Have you been using food to stuff your feelings and gained weight as a result?
- Do you have trouble getting up in the morning?
- Do you have times where you just can’t sleep?
- Do you have times where you sleep all the time, but never feel rested?
- Do you feel tired all of the time and have no energy?
- Does your body ache or hurt?
- Do you feel exhausted in the morning when you wake up?
- Do you feel like every movement of your body takes work to do? (Like walking in water)
- Do you feel melancholy?
- Do you feel agitated or get angry easily?
- Do you have trouble concentrating?
- Do you have trouble making decisions?
- Are you isolating?
- Have you withdrawn from activities or quit participating in things that were meaningful to you?
- Do you have a depressed mood most of the time?
- Do you feel unhappy most of the time?
- Are you lethargic?
If you answered “yes” to any of these questions, you could be experiencing symptoms of depression. The greater the number of “yes” answers, the more severe your depression could be. Fortunately, depression is a treatable condition. With the proper help, you can alleviate your symptoms of depression and get back to living a healthier, happier life.
New Dimensions Can Help!
If you or someone you know is experiencing any of the above symptoms or problems, New Dimensions can help. Our team of experienced therapists and psychiatrists can help you overcome these challenges and help you develop the skills you need to thrive. To schedule a complementary assessment or to find out more about our programs, contact us at 1-800-685-9796.
New Dimensions serves Houston, Clear Lake, Katy, The Woodlands, League City, Friendswood, Galveston, Pearland, Pasadena, Baytown, Spring, Conroe, Kingwood, Sugarland, Cypress, Tomball, Richmond, Humble, Huntsville, Bellaire, Seabrook, Alvin, Missouri City, Lake Jackson, and surrounding areas.