12 Step Program
Recovery from alcoholism or substance abuse can be difficult. Fortunately, you don’t have to do it alone. New Dimensions Day Treatment Centers provides a supportive environment where you can learn the tools you need to become substance free. In addition, you will gain a greater understanding of the 12 steps of recovery and will learn how to effectively utilize support groups such as AA (Alcoholics Anonymous) or NA (Narcotics Anonymous). These groups help you maintain your sobriety when you leave treatment.
The 12 Steps of Alcoholic Anonymous are:
- We admitted we were powerless over alcohol—that our lives had become unmanageable.
- Came to believe that a Power greater than ourselves could restore us to sanity.
- Made a decision to turn our will and our lives over to the care of God as we understood Him.
- Made a searching and fearless moral inventory of ourselves.
- Admitted to God, to ourselves, and to another human being the exact nature of our wrongs.
- Were entirely ready to have God remove all these defects of character.
- Humbly asked Him to remove our shortcomings.
- Made a list of all persons we had harmed, and became willing to make amends to them all.
- Made direct amends to such people wherever possible, except when to do so would injure them or others.
- Continued to take personal inventory, and when we were wrong, promptly admitted it.
- Sought through prayer and meditation to improve our conscious contact with God as we understood Him, praying only for knowledge of His will for us and the power to carry that out.
- Having had a spiritual awakening as the result of these steps, we tried to carry this message to alcoholics, and to practice these principles in all our affairs.
If you or someone you know is struggling with addiction, New Dimensions can help!
New Dimensions Can Help!
New Dimensions can help you reclaim your life. Our 12-step based programs are designed to help you develop the skills you need to create lasting sobriety. We can help you work through the baggage that addictions create so that you can live a meaningful authentic life. To learn more about our programs, contact us at 1-800-685-9796.
New Dimensions serves Houston, Clear Lake, Katy, The Woodlands, League City, Friendswood, Galveston, Pearland, Pasadena, Baytown, Spring, Conroe, Kingwood, Sugarland, Cypress, Tomball, Richmond, Humble, Huntsville, Bellaire, Seabrook, Alvin, Missouri City, Lake Jackson, and surrounding areas.