Telemedicine Substance Abuse Programs for Adults
The Adult Telemedicine Chemical Dependency Program is designed to provide structured treatment for adults that are struggling with alcohol and drug abuse issues. The program is a 12-step based program and is designed to allow individuals the opportunity to begin the treatment process and develop the knowledge they need for long term recovery and lasting sobriety. Individuals learn about the disease concept of addiction and about the effects that addiction has on mental, emotional, physical and spiritual functioning.
While in the telehealth program, you will learn the skills you need to manage the triggers that lead to relapse and develop the support network you need to maintain sobriety. Through the mutual support of other individuals in the group, clients and families frequently gain a renewed sense of hope and healing.
The telehealth program is designed to maximize the opportunity to get clean and sober and to develop healthy relapse prevention skills. Some of the areas that are covered in program include:
- Introduction to the 12-steps
- In depth processing of steps 1 through 4
- Introduction to the disease concept of Chemical Dependency
- Understanding of Post-Acute Withdrawal
- Introduction to Bio-psychosocial Model of Recovery
- Learning to accept personal responsibility for recovery
- Developing “refusal skills”
- Developing relapse prevention skills
- Understanding health risks associated with addiction
- Learning to change thinking patterns associated with addiction
- Understanding the family roles in addiction
- Overcoming the “triggers” of relapse
- Understanding the stages of change in recovery
- Tools of how to find effective sponsors and to use 12-step based support groups effectively
- Family communication skills
New Dimensions Can Help!
New Dimensions can help you reclaim your life. Our 12-step based telemedicine programs are designed to help you develop the skills you need to create lasting sobriety. We can help you work through the baggage that addictions create so that you can live a meaningful authentic life. To learn more about our telemedicine programs, contact us at 1-800-685-9796.
Our telehealth programs serve all of Texas, including Houston, Dallas, Fort Worth, Lubbock, Amarillo, El Paso, San Antonio, Beaumont, Lufkin, Austin, Arlington, Corpus Christi, Plano, Laredo, Garland, Irving, Grand Prairie, McKinney, Frisco, Brownsville, Pasadena, Killeen, McAllen, Mesquite, Odessa, Midland, Denton, Waco, Carrollton, Round Rock, Abilene, Pearland, Richardson, College Station, Wichita Falls, Allen, San Angelo, Tyler, Lewisville, Edinburg, Bryan, Mission, Longview, Flower Mound, Conroe, New Braunfels, League City, Pearland, Cedar Park, and surrounding areas.